The Ullico Employee Hardship Relief Fund was created to help employees who are facing financial hardship after a natural disaster or an unforeseen personal hardship. The Fund is supported through the generosity of Ullico and the tax-deductible contributions of its employees.
Please review the questions below. If you respond yes to all of the following criteria; we encourage you to proceed with the application process.
Can I answer yes to the questions below?
You are a:
- Full-time employee (defined as those who work a minimum of 37.5 hours per week)
- Part-time employee
Has the event occurred within 90 days of your application?
Is this your first time applying for a grant, or has it been six months since you last applied for a grant?
Is the event for which you are requesting a grant listed below?
- QUALIFIED DISASTER: These events include state or federally declared disasters, disasters resulting from common carrier accidents, and disasters that result from a terroristic or military action.
- DEATH OF AN EMPLOYEE OR THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER: This includes the death of the employee, spouse, or eligible dependent(s). The loss of income or the cost of funeral expenses or medical bills must significantly impact the family’s resources. The Fund may also be able to pay expenses to bring a child whose parents have died to live with a new family, typically a relative.
- NATURAL DISASTERS: Situations such as a wildfire, flood, tornado, hurricane, severe storms or earthquake that have damaged or destroyed the employee’s primary residence. The Fund cannot pay to repair other property and cannot pay to replace non-essential items, e.g. electronics, etc. Photographs and/or insurance reports may be required.
- SERIOUS ILLNESS OR INJURY OR NON-ROUTINE/EXCEPTIONAL EXPENSE: The Fund is not a substitute for medical insurance; employees do not automatically qualify for a grant when they, or their dependents, are diagnosed with or suffer a life-threatening or serious illness or injury. There must be resulting financial need placing significant pressure on the family’s financial resources. Doctor confirmation and/or medical documentation will be required.
- DOMESTIC ABUSE: This is a situation that causes the employee and other victims to leave an unsafe residence.
- IMPACTS PRIMARY RESIDENCE: This includes but is not limited to: fire, major home damage that could not be prevented, serious crime against the employee (robbery, arson, assault, domestic abuse or another reportable crime) that significantly impacts the family’s resources. Police, fire, or other official incident report may be required.
- VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME: This includes a serious crime against the employee (robbery, arson, assault or other reportable crime) that significantly impacts the family’s resources.
- MILITARY DEPLOYMENT: In the time of a natural disaster or national emergency, the employee, spouse or domestic partner is unexpectedly or unavoidably called to active duty from the military reserves or National Guard.
Is the hardship you are facing listed below?
- Food, Clothing, and Housing: Immediate needs only, applicable up to 2-4 weeks after the event. For rent temporary housing up to 30 days
- Rent/Mortgage: Housing-Mortgage or rent assistance for primary residence
- Reasonable repairs to damaged property
- Essential appliances and furnishings
- Utilities: essential utility expenses (gas, water and electricity)
- Security Deposits: For new housing if unable to inhabit existing home
- Reasonable Evacuation expenses
- Reasonable funeral, travel, and burial expenses
- Car repairs other than routine maintenance, or repairs that could not have been reasonably avoided
- Cost of rental car or public transportation for up to 30 days
- Medical: significant medical and prescription expenses not eligible for insurance reimbursement
- Psychological counseling deemed by a physician to be necessary following an event and in excess of what is covered by insurance
- Expenses resulting from flight from domestic violence, such as temporary housing
- Unable to work due to the event
- Unexpected childcare for up to 60 days.
- Is the grant amount you are requesting between $500 and $5,000?